Saturday, 7 April 2012

Austerity and nihilism


The Tsolakoglou government has literally wiped out my ability to survive, based on a decent pension which I paid for myself over 35 years with no help from the state.
If one Greek had taken a Kalashnikov into his hands, I might have followed him and done the same but because I am of an age that makes it impossible for me to take strong action on my own, I can find no other solution than to put an end to my life before I start sifting through garbage cans for my food.
I believe that young people with no future will one day take up and hang this country’s traitors in arms in Syntagma Square just as the Italians hanged Mussolini in 1945.

People are giving up, literally. Dimitris Christoulas gave up. The fruit of his lifelong labour was raided to preserve a socioeconomic hierarchy that forced him into nothing but undignified nothingness and despair. A dictatorial inhumanity that prioritizes the wealth and vested interests of multinational corporations rather than the basic essence of his life. The status of vulnerable people such as him in austerity states are degraded to the status of Untermensch. Like in Greece, Britain's austerity government is willing to revoke welfare from cancer patients and disabled children for the primary reason of hoarding capital. It is willing to kill dozens of vulnerable people, and force them into slave labour, indicating to them the basic status of their collective liability in the austerity state's bureaucratic management of human life. 


He was right to compare austerity's technocratic dictatorship to fascism. It at least inherently depends upon a nilihism and dehumanizing psychopathy of similar form. 


The people of Greece have two basic choices: submission to total inhumanity and nihilism, or to make his old man's dying wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment