Monday, 4 July 2011

On Ed Miliband's roboticism

Damon Green:


"Ed Miliband thinks that the strikes are wrong at a time when negotiations are still underway. The government has acted in a reckless and provocative manner, but it is time for both sides to set aside the rhetoric and get around the negotiating table and stop this from happening again.


I know this because he told me six times. His PR must have known that was what he was going to do. And yet he still went through a convincing charade of pressing me on my line of interrogation, urging me to keep my questions brief, and even – this was a macabre touch – placing a voice recorder on the table beside me as a kind of warning not to try and misquote his boss.
"



The pathetically unprincipled and cynical stance taken by Ed Miliband on the strikes of teachers and public sector workers was disgraceful and lamentable enough. But this interview with Damon Green, in which he gives exactly the same automated answer to each considerately posed question, is unbelievably mindnumbing and bizarre .


It is however, in no way at all exceptional. As Sunny Hundal observes


"Given the option, if I was being interviewed I’d repeat those main talking points every time too. With their focus on short soundbites and superficial packages, the broadcast media has no one to blame but itself if politicians try to game that system."


The nature of the mainstream broadcasting media is inherently and entirely void of intellectually considered journalism. It bases itself upon manufactured and propagandistic PR tactics, totally methodological and detached, of which the political establishment only manipulates and mindlessly preoccupies itself within the confines of.

No comments:

Post a Comment